There are plenty of summer sports camps out there for you to choose from in any given year. With that in mind, it’s important to look at the qualities of each to see what sets some apart from others.
Here at eCamps, we pride ourselves on giving campers the full camp experience — whether it’s the physical side, mental side, or just having fun! While the types of our camps can range between six different sports, the goal is always the same. We want to give campers a well-round experience that they’ll never forget, and it all starts with our mission!
No matter the sport, we aim to provide opportunities for youth campers to improve their skills on the field, court, or pool by providing instruction from elite coaches across the country. The most crucial part of all is that we want to accomplish this in both a positive and fun environment. This is important to us because when you’re having a good time and feeling safe, that’s when most of your growth happens!
Each of our camps are built upon five different pillars toward creating a great experience. Those pillars are the following:
- Excellence — This is displayed everywhere, whether it’s the elite staff we recruit, top-notch facilities we use, or the progressive curriculum we create.
- Fun — Camp is supposed to be fun! In addition to helping you get better at the sport of your choice, we also make sure there are opportunities to bond with other players at camp, allowing new friendships to form or strengthening current ones.
- Development — Your time with us is limited, so we want to make the most of it. This is accomplished by personalized instruction and a detailed daily schedule.
- Safety — We mentioned that safe and positive environment before, and we weren’t kidding! Our staff is there to keep an eye on everyone and act as role models.
- Sportsmanship — Last but not least, we know that the next generation of leaders — both on and off the field — are being developed at our camps. That’s something we take seriously.
Another thing that sets us apart from our competition is the Positive Coaching Alliance, also known as the PCA. This is a terrific non-profit organization that provides youth and high school athletes with a character-building experience both on and off the field. With a mantra of “Better Athletes, Better People,” they help us focus on developing all aspects of our campers.
We’re proud to have a partnership with the PCA that allows our staff members to be fully Double Goal Certified, which is a credential that not much of the competition is able to boast.
Sure, the athletic stuff is very important, but with sports acting as a metaphor for life, it’s important to use the lessons learned on the field, on the court, or in the pool and apply them to various situations. We don’t want you to just be successful at the sport you play — we also want you to be successful out in the “real world” when that time comes.